Sunday, February 11, 2007

A day in the life of Boo!

Yesterday was pretty interesting for little mister Boo. He thought that small furry creatures were generally friendly, and certainly never expected to be blasted with a horrible stencheous spray. So begins the encounter with skunks. Now, call me paranoid, but I've been seeing and smelling skunk everywhere I go ... I've driven past several that were squashed on the road, and have smelled it various places at the barn. I guess it's skunk season.

Back to yesterday, after I called mom giggling about how Boo's horsie friends wouldn't go near him, and how I made him walk behind me at the end of his rope, to go eat his food, mommy suggested I go get some vinegar. And a spray bottle. You know, those horse-eating spray bottles? Yeah, one of those.

After I got to the delightful place of everything one could ever need, (WALMART!) I headed back to spray him down with vinegar. He moved really fast, but at least he knows not to pull, so he went really fast, but stayed within squirting range. He still stunk today, but I didn't feel like taking the vinegar to him again, so he'll just have to smell bad for awhile.

1 comment:

farmboy said...

I wonder what Boo thinks of those little furry creatures now?