Thursday, February 15, 2007

Gorilla Glue and Duct Tape: Everything a girl needs to survive college life






There's been a few entertaining happenings around The City, lately. (If you don't know what the city is, it's Oklahoma City. Now you can be cool too, and call it the city)

If anybody's wondering, I'm in class right now. Every once in awhile I command+tab to my notes window and jot down a few notes, especially when the prof walks by.

Yesterday morning, I realized that I hadn't fixed the crack in the car door, and it might start getting worse. After fighting with scissors to get the cap off the stupid glue, I took my leatherman to it. The serrated blade. That got r did. I find myself with a gluey knife (I wiped it on my overalls. They can take it. Plus they're camo.) in my hand, conemplating the situation I now found myself in. 1 small crack. 1 very large bottle of glue, with 1 very large applicator. 0 toothpicks to spread. Hmm. I got to thinking, wondering what I could use. There's plenty of random objects in my car. So, I found an old pen. It worked. Getting all the pieces of the cracks on the right sides was entertaining, but eventually worked. My fingers only got glued together a few times.

Last night, Boo ripped the POO out of his blanket. I put him away at like 4, and went back at 9, and he had a big old white spot showing. I saw it from across the field, and got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was really sure that there was no way that he could have gotten that covered with snow in that short of a period of time. Allow me to preface this by the fact that I looked for the little Twirp for about 45 minutes. I looked, didn't see him, and was thinking "Man, this isn't going to be fun." I saw my friend Sierra's horse, Sabian, standing right next to a big pipe, about 18 inches high. Sabian is a big chunk of horseflesh, going on 16-17 hands. But with him right next to that big old pipe, why, jumping on his back couldn't be any harder than thowing my leg over mom's new addition to the family.

Sabian is generally a pretty laid back fellow. After what I subjected him to last night, he's pretty much a gem. To start out with, some random person that he's seen like twice, comes strolling into his pasture in the middle of the night, looking like an eskimo. I throw a halter on him, and climb up on the pipe and jump on his back, before he even realized that anything had happened. We go strolling off, I ride all around the pasture, find Boo, and let Sabian go.

After realizing just what Boo did to his blanket, I decide to go find some of the handygirl's secret weapon. Naturally, I track down purple duct tape, to match Boo's purple plaid blanket. I briefly consider the notion of gorilla glue, but there's a big difference between the 13 degree (minus windchill, so subzero!) temperature, and the 60 degree temperature that gorilla calls for. After using the better part of the purple rolls of duct tape that I procured during my foray to walmart, I talked to Erin until my phone was dead. That's how skilled of a multitasker I am!

No comments: